- Mullite sand
- Colloidal silica
- Casting parts
- Lost Wax Castings
- Sand Casting
- LOST FOAM CASTINGS
- Vacuum Casting
- CNC MACHINING PARTS
- Casting machine
- Fused Silica Products
- Casting Wax
CARBON STEEL VACUUM CASTING PRODUCT
|Brand||OBT casting part Manufacturer|
|Cast Steel||Cast Carbon Steel|
|Casting Process||Vacuum Casting (V Process Casting)|
|Surface Treatment||Shot Blasting + Machining + Painting|
|Heat Treatment||Annealing + Tempering + Quenching|
|Update Time||March 28,2023|
Vacuum castings are the metal parts that are produced by the vacuum casting process. They are different from typical investment castings due to the technique that is used to create these metal parts. The process begins by placing a two-piece mold in a vacuum chamber. The vacuum then draws the molten metal into the mold. Finally, the casting is solidified in an oven and the mold is removed in order to release the final castings.
If you have a project that requires high-quality vacuum castings, we can provide them for you. Here at OBT, we utilize both gravity fed and vacuum casting methods to produce custom castings those range in weight from a few kilograms up to hundreds of kilograms. Our countless years of experience in both of these methods guarantee that we can supply superior or near net shape parts that require little or no finish work.
▶ Vacuum Casting Materials:
• Carbon Steel: Low Carbon Steel, Medium Carbon Steel and High Carbon Steel from AISI 1020 to AISI 1060.
• Cast Steel Alloys: ZG20SiMn, ZG30SiMn, ZG30CrMo, ZG35CrMo, ZG35SiMn, ZG35CrMnSi, ZG40Mn, ZG40Cr, ZG42Cr, ZG42CrMo...etc on request.
• Stainless Steel: AISI 304, AISI 304L, AISI 316, AISI 316L and other stainless steel grade.
• Brass & Copper.
• Other Materials and Standards on request
▶ V Process Casting Capacities:
• Max Size: 1,000 mm × 800 mm × 500 mm
• Weight Range: 0.5 kg - 100 kg
• Annual Capacity: 2,000 tons
• Tolerances: On Request.
▶ Vacuum Casting Procedures:
• The pattern is covered tightly by a thin sheet of plastic.
• A flask is placed over the coated pattern and is filled with dry sand without bind.
• The second flak is then placed on top of the sand, and a vacuum draws the sand so that the pattern can be tight and withdrawn. Both halves of the mold are made and assembled in this way.
• During pouring, the mold remains under a vacuum but the casting cavity does not.
• When the metal has solidified, the vacuum is turned off and the sand falls away, releasing the casting.
• Vacuum molding produces casting with high-quality detail and dimensional accuracy.
• It is especially well suited for large, relatively flat castings.
|Capabilities for Casting at OBT|
|Casting Process||Annual Capacity / Tons||Main Materials||Casting Weight||Dimensional Tolerance Grade (ISO 8062)||Heat Treatment|
|Green Sand Casting||6000||Gray Cast Iron, Ductile Cast Iron, Cast Al, Brass, Cast Steel, Stainless Steel||0.3 kg to 200 kg||CT11~CT14||Normalization, Quenching, Tempering, Annealing, Carburization|
|Resin Coated Sand Casting (Shell Casting)||0.66 lbs to 440 lbs||CT8~CT12|
|Lost Wax Investment Casting||Water Glass Casting||3000||Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Alloy Steel, Brass, Aluminium, Duplex Stainless Steel, Cast Iron||0.1 kg to 50 kg||CT5~CT9|
|0.22 lbs to 110 lbs|
|Silica Sol Casting||1000||0.05 kg to 50 kg||CT4~CT6|
|0.11 lbs to 110 lbs|
|Lost Foam Casting||4000||Gray Iron, Ductile Iron, Alloy, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Brass, Al||10 kg to 300 kg||CT8~CT12|
|22 lbs to 660 lbs|
|Vacuum Casting||3000||Gray Iron, Ductile Iron, Alloy Steel, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel||10 kg to 300 kg||CT8~CT12|
|22 lbs to 660 lbs|
|High Pressure Die Casting||500||Aluminium Alloys, Zinc Alloys||0.1 kg to 50 kg||CT4~CT7|
|0.22 lbs to 110 lbs|
▶ Post-Casting Process
• Deburring & Cleaning
• Shot Blasting / Sand Peening
• Heat Treatment: Normalization, Quench, Tempering, Carburization, Nitriding
• Surface Treatment: Passivation, Andonizing, Electroplating, Hot Zinc Plating, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating, Polishing, Electro-Polishing, Painting, GeoMet, Zintec.
• Machining: Turning, Milling, Lathing, Drilling, Honing, Grinding.
▶ Why You Choose OBT for V (Vacuum) Process Casting Components?
• Easy recovery of the sand because the binders are not used
• Sand does not require mechanical reconditioning.
• Good air permeability because there is no water is mixed with sand, therefore less casting defects.
• More suitable for large scale castings
• Cost effective, especially for large castings.
- KEEP UP TO DATE
- Sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media